Senator Jerry Hill visits Hillcrest School
The Student Services Division is composed of all direct student service programs operated by the County Office of Education, including Special Education, Court and Community Schools, and Career Technical Education (CTE). The Division also coordinates the activities of the Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA), programs for Foster Youth, and special projects directly related to school-age children in the county.
The Student Services Division operates direct student programs, including
- Special Education Services, which are available for our students whose needs require a specialized program not offered in their local districts. These students, infant through 22 years of age, include students who are severely multiply disabled, orthopedically disabled, hearing and visually impaired, emotionally disturbed, and students with autism.
- The Career Technical Education (CTE) Program is no longer offering direct student services. You can find additional details on our website at http://cte-smcoe-cte-ca.schoolloop.com/.
- Court and Community Schools. SMCOE operates a Court and Community Schools program for more than 900 at-risk students. Students are referred to these programs by the Juvenile Court, San Mateo County Probation Department. or local school districts.
- Foster Youth Services provides oversight of the educational programs for children in the Foster Care System.
- Safe and Supportive Schools