Click HERE for application
The San Mateo County Child Care Partnership Council (CCPC) is accepting applications to fill three (3) vacancies in the membership. The purpose of the CCPC is to provide a forum for the identification of local priorities for child care and early learning; develop policies, strategies and resources to meet the identified needs within those priorities and to carry out the mandates of AB 1542 (Education Code Sections 8499.3 et seq. and 54744), AB 1326, SB 1304, and other activities designated by the State of California. It is the intent of the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors and the County Superintendent of Schools to jointly participate in appointing new council members. Child Care Partnership Council members will engage in the mandated tasks delineated in the Education Code and advocate for implementation of the San Mateo County Child Care Strategic Plan. A schedule of meetings for 2014-2015 is available here. More information about the CCPC is available on this website at http://www.smcoe.org/learning-and-leadership/early-learning/child-care-partnership-council/
Members will be asked to commit to six council meetings per year and active committee work over the term of office, as well as a commitment to leadership in assisting San Mateo County in providing for quality child care and early learning programs. In conformance with other appointed County Commissions, the term of membership is four (4) years. As a public body, the Council is governed under sections of the Ralph M. Brown Act.
By state mandate, local child care and development planning councils are required to have five (5) categories of membership:
- Child Care Consumers: parents or persons who receive or have received child care services within the past 36 months;
- Child Care Providers: persons who provide child care services or represent persons who provide child care services;
- Public Agency Representatives: persons who represent a city, a county, state or federal government, or a local education agency;
- Community Representatives: persons who represent an agency or business that provides private funding for child care services or who advocate for child care services through participation in civic or community based organizations, but are not child care providers and do not represent agencies that contract with the California Department of Education to provide child care and development services;
- Members at the discretion of the Board or Superintendent: persons from any of the above categories or outside of these categories at the discretion of appointing agencies.
The three vacancies announced in this notice include mid- and full-term vacancies as follows:
- Child Care Consumer Category - Term is upon appointment until June 30, 2017
- Child Care Provider Category - Term is upon appointment until June 30, 2018
- Public Agency Category – Term is upon appointment until June 30, 2018
You may address questions regarding this notice to Nirmala Dillman, Coordinator and staff to the Child Care Partnership Council, at (650) 802-5443 or firstname.lastname@example.org