Join us for a dynamic forum on meaningful family engagement to transform early learning systems from preschool to grade three!
Through funding from the Heising-Simons Foundation, San Mateo and Santa Clara County Offices of Education are hosting a Bi-County Early Learning Family Engagement Summit. The Summit is designed for:
- raising the awareness of preschool to grade 3 organizational leaders and practitioners about an authentic, meaningful, and transformational approach to family engagement;
- supporting administrators and practitioners in identifying effective and meaningful family engagement strategies that can be implemented within their communities;
- engaging with San Mateo and Santa Clara County sites that are implementing family engagement initiatives;
- creating a team family engagement work plan with actionable, short-term strategies that can be implemented after the Summit in support of LCAP and other family engagement goals.
Interactive learning sessions:
- Culturally responsive family engagement
- Be Strong Families Parent Cafe, a parent leadership strategy
- Using technology to engage families
- Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) family engagement strategies
- Lessons learned by local family engagement program
Special keynotes by:
Byron V. Garrett, Chairman, National Family Engagement Alliance
Pecolia Manigo, Program Director, Bay Area Parent Leadership Action Network
Family engagement planning session with Senta Greene, Founder, Full Circle Consulting Systems
- If you are planning to attend the Summit with colleagues as a team from an early learning program/school site/school district, please specify the site/community name in the designated field on registration form
- Each member of a team must register individually.
- There will be a $5.00 parking fee
You can find additional information on the event flyer.
Date: November 7, 2015
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1177 Airport Boulevard, Burlingame, CA 94010
Audience: Birth to grade 3 administrators, practitioners, early learning service providers, community partners and family leaders