California ASCD in partnership with the San Mateo County Office of Education and Discovery Education presents a special academy for K-12 Central Office, Building, and Teacher Leaders.
Today's classrooms must be dynamic learning environments where students and teachers can engage in exploration and risk-taking. Teaching, Learning, and Leading in a Digital World provides practical implementation strategies for creating a culture of deep and reflective learning for students and educators. Moreover, this Academy provides a fundamental understanding of the necessary shifts required in instruction, the power of digital integration, and assessment tools to support students in meeting more rigorous demands.
This professional development provides:
- Practical leadership strategies to support teachers in their implementation of digital literacy instruction and assessment as to prepare all students for college and career readiness.
- District-and school-wide capacity building to implement digital literacy throughout all disciplines in all classrooms
- Digital Leadership: Creating a Vision
- Evidence-Based Teaching and Learning: Characteristics of 21st Century Learning
- Purposeful Instruction and Technology Integration
- Tasks with Rigor and Complexity: Artifacts of Student Learning
- High Leverage Digital Transformation Strategies
Date: November 29, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: San Mateo County Office of Education, 101 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City
Audience: K-12 Central Office, Building, and Teacher Leaders