The Early Completion Option (ECO) is part of SB57 legislation that allows eligible individuals to complete the Teacher Induction program at a faster pace than the full two years generally required to complete all the requirements of professional teacher induction.
ECO participants have the opportunity to complete the Induction program in a minimum of one year and a maximum of eighteen months. This option is available to participants who have been determined by their district to be experienced and exceptional teachers, meet the eligibility criteria listed below, and demonstrate the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies required of all teacher candidates who complete the full-length program. All eligible candidates will be notified of the ECO at the time of enrollment in the Induction Program
- Hold a preliminary credential
- Two or more years successful experience as the teacher of record
- Verification of teaching experience, including at least two positive documented evaluations, based on the CSTP, (must be within the last three years
- Written recommendation from a current site or district administrator.
- Participating Teacher Letter of Commitment
- Recommendation of the Support Provider following classroom observations
- Participation in the San Mateo County Teacher Induction Project
- Completion of at least 18 hours of professional development. ECO candidates determine, with their Support Provider, the professional development that is appropriate and aligned with their Individualized Induction Learning Plan goals
- Completion of the Teacher Induction Portfolio
- Regular contact and collaboration with a Support Provider regarding formative assessment processes and induction progress
Participating Teachers who meet the above criteria and are interested in applying for the Early Completion Option should contact:
Stacey Tisor (General Ed)
Once the program coordinator approves the ECO application the ECO Candidate signs a letter of commitment indicating his/her participation as an ECO Candidate and his/her agreement to comply with the completion procedures.
- If the ECO candidate does not complete all requirements in the first year the candidate will be required to participate in a second year of induction
- The ECO candidate will receive written notification from the San Mateo County Teacher Induction Program indicating completion of the program, including professional development, formative assessment, and the induction portfolio.