Professional Learning for Participating Teachers Calendar
Responsibilities of a Participating Teacher
- Develop an understanding of Culturally and Linguistically Relevant Pedagogy (CLRP) and its implementation in the classroom.
- Complete the online Eligibility form.
- Meet with my Support Provider a minimum of two times per month.
- Complete and revise as needed, an Electronic Portfolio.
- Assemble evidence of growth and application based on the Induction Standards and the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTPs).
- Understand that information gathered regarding practice/performance is confidential. Information regarding completion may be shared with site/district/program administrators.
- Attend 18 hours of professional development.
- Participate in formal and informal classroom observations.
- Communicate questions or concerns about the SMCTIP, including concerns about my Support Provider partnership, with the SMCTIP Consortium Administrator, the District Induction Liaison, and/or my Support Provider (please refer to the Induction Electronic Handbook).
- Participate in the program evaluation process.
- Notify my Support Provider and the SMCOE Teacher Induction Project should I leave the program before completion.