At a Glance
The subscription period for the 2018-19 school year is now open. Please subscribe by August 3, 2018. The subscription period will close on September 7, 2018.
Subscribing to the SMEdCenter Portal
The SMEdCenter Portal is offered on an annual subscription basis. Subscriptions can be obtained at the district or individual site levels and include 24-hour access to resources for teachers, staff and students.
This is the sequence of steps for subscribing (renewal or new subscription) to the SMEdCenter Portal:
- Review the Basic Portal Service Packages (required)
- Contact us to request a copy of the Portal Rate Sheet. Please specify whether you are an Elementary, Unified, or High School District.
- Decide which basic portal service package (required) and optional add-on services to which your site/district wishes to subscribe.*
- Place your portal subscription order online using this SMEdCenter Portal Subscription Renewal/Order Form for Elementary & Unified School Districts (High School Districts have an alternate form, located here). (Please ensure that only an authorized site/district contact places the order.)
- Once we have received a district/site order, we will create and send subscribing sites/district (within 30 days) a SMEdCenter Portal Services Agreement (contract) for review, signatures and return.
- Subscribing sites/districts review, sign and return the Portal Services Agreement within 30 days of receipt.
- Once the signed Portal Services Agreement is returned, we'll update (renewals) or create (new subscriptions) the district/site portal instance with all ordered services, and provide all needed information so that teachers, students and staff can log on!
*The total cost for services will be based on the Service Package selected and the cost of selected add-on services. (Wherever average daily attendance [ADA] is used to calculate costs, ADA figures are based on 2017-2018 enrollment data as reported in Data Quest).
Subscription Timeline for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
- May 2018
- Portal subscription renewal notices sent to currently subscribing sites and districts
- Portal subscription opportunities marketed to potentially new subscribing sites and districts
- August 3, 2018
- Portal subscription orders DUE from renewing districts (to avoid any interruption to subscription services)
- Portal subscription orders RECOMMENDED to be submitted by new schools or districts
- September 7, 2018
- Portal subscription period CLOSES.