The Child Care Partnership Council undertook a Child Care Facilities Needs Assessment in 2010 in the Daly City community with the financial support of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation. Daly City was chosen as the target for this project since it is estimated to have the largest child care supply gap of any city in San Mateo County. The purpose of the project was to assess the condition of existing child care and early education centers and homes and estimate the cost of repairs and renovations needed. A secondary goal was to explore potential new spaces for future centers and opportunities to partner with public and private entities to develop new facilities. The Final Report offers documentation of the project activities, tools used, lessons learned, and recommendations for ongoing and new planning and coordination activities.
Project materials are provided below.
- Provider Cover Letter/Message
- Child Care Operator Survey of Facility Conditions
- Summary of Survey Responses
- Interview Questions for City Planning/Community Development staff
- Interview Questions for School District Representative;
- Property Search Criteria Child Care/Preschool Centers for Realtors
Materials for Provider Workshop:
- Daly City Training Flyer
- Daly City Training Powerpoint presentation
- Funding Sources for Child Care/Early Education Facilities (Construction & Renovation)
For more information, contact