- Unlocking the Research on English Learners
- Five Principles for Succeeding with Adolescent English Learners- An Interview with Aída Walqui, 2015.pdf
- New federal law puts spotlight on English learners, February, 2016
- The Language of Reform: English Learners in California’s Shifting Education Landscape.
- Secondary School Courses Designed to Address The Language Needs and Academic Gaps of Long Term English Learners
- Policy Research Brief by National Council of Teachers of English, 2008
- California Schools Holding Back English Learners: Stanford Research: October, 2015
- Improving the Opportunities and Outcomes of California’s Students Learning English, 2015
- TheEducationTrust–West identifies 11 districts across California that are closing the achievement and opportunity gap for their English Learner students. The authors identify specific strategies related to programs, PD,LCAP etc. that are being used by these districts.
Resources for Educators and Administrators
- Top 10 Websites to Support ELs with Implementation of Common Core and ELD Standards
- Implementing the CCSS and useful websites containing information regarding instruction, assessment and policy on supporting English Learners
- Californians Together
- EL Support Toolkit from U.S. Department of Education
http://understandingproficiency.wested.org/: Understanding Proficiency