- = F Redwoods can live up to 3,000 years.
- = M Redwoods weigh as much as 800 cars.
- = H There are 3 different types of redwoods.
- = E Redwoods can grow to 300 feet.
- = N The type of redwood found at Outdoor Education is called a coastal redwood.
- = I The redwoods' namesake is Chief Sequoyah.
- = A Redwoods can hold 8,000 gallons of water.
- = K tannic acid protects the redwoods from insects.
- = D Redwood cones are 1 inch long.
- = G The type of redwood found in the Sierras is called a giant redwood.
- = J Lumber from one redwood could build 10 cabins.
- = C Redwood bark can be 12 inches thick.
- = B The redwoods' favorite weather is fog.
- = L Most coastal redwood trees begin as burls.
- = O The type of redwoods found in China is a dawn redwood.
This activity comes from the San Joaquin Outdoor Education Student Journal.
© 2018 San Mateo Outdoor Education