Outdoor and environmental education doesn't happen only while you are at Outdoor Education. Many resources can inspire you to explore the environment around your home or at school. The websites listed below offer lots of activities that you can do at home to continue learning, investigating, and discovering the mysteries and magic of nature. The websites are full of fun and interesting facts about animals, water, global warming, recycling, composting, weather, and more. Check out any or all of these links before and after your week at Outdoor Education.
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids
Click on "Environment" for lots of links.
- EPA Environmental Kids' Club
- EPA Global Warming Kids' Site
- Ivy's Environmental Sites for Kids
Great links and information on all subjects.
- National Geographic Kids
- National Wildlife Federation — Kids' Zone
- Planet Pals Earth Zone
- Water Conservation for Kids
- Environmental Library: Endangered Animals
© 2018 San Mateo Outdoor Education