Facilitation Skills Workshop: A Process for IEP Meetings
(3 Day Event) Sep 14, 2017 - Feb 08, 2018
Event Dates: Sep 14, 2017 | Nov 16, 2017 | Feb 08, 2018
- review and practice facilitation and recording skills,
- broaden your repertoire of problem-solving techniques,
- enhance your confidence in challenging group situations,
- use guided practice in learning strategies to leverage diverse opinions and styles,
- participate in on-going coaching sessions, and
- positively impact high-profile and formerly contentious meetings throughout your organization.
Participation in all three workshop days is required for Certification.
All participants will learn key Facilitation Skills, even if they do not intend to hold formal Facilitated IEP meetings. This workshop will provide foundational Facilitation Skills that any IEP team member can utilize during any meeting, an overview of the Facilitated IEP, and guided practice in using facilitation techniques with coaching. Additionally, participants are invited to join the SELPA’s cadre of Certified Facilitators for Coaching Sessions, held throughout the year.
Previous participants shared that after attending this workshop local disputes decreased as a result of using the tools and skills acquired. Participants have indicated that by modeling techniques taught at the training the benefits have extended to those far beyond the participants in attendance. This training includes significant homework as part of the certificate requirement and attendance at all three workshop days is required.
This training includes significant homework as part of the certificate requirement and attendance at all three workshop days is required to receive your certificate. Training dates are as follows:
September 14, 2017
November 16, 2017
February 8, 2018
(8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on each day)