Maintained by the SELPA Office, this website is designed to meet the needs of families who are new to the special education process, are in need of a parent liaison with their school district, or who are seeking opportunities for support from other families facing similar challenges. We invite you to check our calendar for community events on a regular basis, follow our links to your district's SEDAC (Special Education District Advisory Council) and community agencies, and to find answers to your questions in the RPC Handbook section. If you can't find what you are looking for, please contact the SELPA Coordinator at (650) 802-5473.
Calendar of RPC Events
Resource Parent Council Meeting Dates 2017-18
November 29, 2017 (planning/work meeting only - webcast dates will be chosen at this mtg.)
|Arroyo (7-9 PM) - SMCOE|
March 6th, 2018; South County Regional Parent Group Meeting.
Hosted by SEPTAR at the Redwood City School District Office
750 Bradford Street, Redwood City, 94063
(9 - 11 AM)
March 29th, 2018; North County Regional Parent Group Meeting
Hosted by SSFUSD at Serra Vista School
257 Longford Drive, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Flyer attachedNo Co Meeting Flyer
(9 - 11 AM)
Regional RPC/CAC Presentation
PowerPoint slides here: Presentation
FINAL MEETING FOR THE 2017 - 2018 YEAR
Monday, April 23rd; End of the Year Meeting
San Mateo County Office of Education
101 Twin Dolphin Drive Redwood City 94065
Flyer attached End of the Year Meeting
Spanish version Junta Final
- Abilities United
- Community Gatepath
- Family Resource Center at Gatepath
- Golden Gate Regional Center
- Pacifica Resource Center
Find Your District's SEDAC
- Belmont-Redwood Shores Elementary School District
- Hillsborough City School District
- Redwood City Elementary School District
The Student Study Team
- The SST Process
- What exactly is an SST?
- Should I be concerned my child was referred?
- Who will attend the SST?
- What should I expect will happen at the meeting?
Special Education Services
- What are special education services?
- What are Related Services? What are the age limits for Special Education? When is a child eligible for Special Education Services? When is a child NOT eligible for Special Education services?
- What will my child's assessment involve? Who will do the actual testing? What will they be testing for? What if I disagree with the results of this assessment?
Preparing for Your Child's IEP Meeting
- How can I prepare for my child's IEP meetings?
- IEP preparation checklist / Como prepararse para reunion de IEP listado
- Request for Parent Information for IEP Meeting Form / Peticion de Informacion de Los Padres Para La Junta de IEP
- Take a moment to consider…
- Welcome to Holland-an open letter to parents / Bienvenido a Holanda