Early Childhood Expansion Opportunity
Anne Campbell Center for Children and Families
The San Mateo County Office of Education (SMCOE) is seeking a partner agency to operate up to two (2) licensed preschool classrooms in the Anne Campbell Center for Children and Families, located at 65 Tower Road, in San Mateo. The classroom spaces, available July 2019, will be provided to the partner agency at a below market rate in exchange for commitments by the agency to collaborate with SMCOE to operate a high-quality program that provides inclusive opportunities for children with identified disabilities who are enrolled in SMCOE’s early childhood special education programs. Specific details regarding program expectations and lease requirements may be found in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) / Facilities Agreement (see link below).
The newly renamed Anne Campbell Center for Children and Families is home to SMCOE’s Early Childhood special education program, which provides early intervention and preschool services to children ages birth to five years with identified low incidence and/or multiple disabilities. The Center also houses SMCOE’s Related Services program, which supports students with identified disabilities throughout the county; Head Start Preschool and Early Start Programs operated by the Institute for Human and Social Development (IHSD); Stella Piccolo, a private preschool serving families from the local community; and California Children Services (CCS), a state program that provides a variety of therapeutic services to children who have qualifying health conditions. Staff members from all organizations at the Anne Campbell Center for Children and Families collaborate to provide the highest possible quality of care to children enrolled at the Center and their families.
Celebrating the diversity of children and families who live in San Mateo County and providing them with services that enable them to thrive is at the heart of the work at the Anne Campbell Center for Children and Families. Early childhood programs located at the Center benefit from collaborative relationships with SMCOE’s highly skilled special education staff and its Early Learning Support Services team. The ideal RFP applicant would demonstrate a commitment to collaborating with SMCOE’s early childhood special education program, SMCOE’s Early Learning Support Services team, and the various partner agencies currently housed at the Center, and sharing their focus on developing a quality, inclusive early learning community, which celebrates and supports diverse learners. Staff at the Anne Campbell Center for Children and Families are committed to bringing to life retiring Superintendent Anne Campbell’s vision of Excellence and Equity for all learners in San Mateo County.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate:
- a history of successful operation of high-quality early childhood program(s);
- a demonstrated commitment to the success of all students, as evidenced by differentiated supports for students with unique learning needs and their families;
- a demonstrated commitment to meaningful partnerships with families;
- a commitment to enroll a diverse student population in classes operated at the Anne Campbell Center for Children and Families, including children from low-income families and English language learners, while prioritizing enrollment of children dually enrolled in SMCOE’s special education programs and children whose parents/guardians work in the field of education; and
- a commitment to developing collaborative, effective partnerships with the other agencies housed at the Anne Campbell Center for Children and Families, with a focus on raising the collective capacity of the community to meet the needs of all children and their families.
- December 5, 2018
RFP release date
- January 17, 2019, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Informational meeting and tour, Anne Campbell Center for Children and Families, 65 Tower Road, San Mateo, CA 94402 (RSVP to email@example.com)
- January 24, 2019, 5:00 p.m.
Responses to questions regarding the RFP application process will be posted weekly through January 24, 2019, on RFP website
- January 31, 2019, 12:00 p.m.
Completed application must be received by 12:00 p.m. at the San Mateo County Office of Education, 101 Twin Dolphin, Redwood City, 94065, Attention: Loriann Villanis
- March 4 - 8, 2019
Observations / interviews of RFP finalists
- March 15, 2019
Announcement of RFP recipient
Application, MOU/Facilities Agreement, and RFP Announcement
Questions may be directed to Mary Browning, SMCOE Coordinator for Inclusive Services, firstname.lastname@example.org (email) or (650) 598-2175 (phone)