At a Glance
The SMCOE STEAM Center provides teachers and administrators research-based professional development in STEAM content and pedagogy to engage, educate, and inspire our 21st century learners.
We envision a world filled with empathic learners who are passionate problem-solvers, real-world risk-takers, and curious creatives.
We engage collaboratively with educators to design and facilitate learner-centered experiences that are STEAMCENTRIC! Because all children deserve access to learning that nurtures their innate curiosity!
We do this by:
- Building educator capacity through diverse professional learning opportunities
- Connecting schools, networks, community, industry, government
- Catalyzing and propagating emerging promising models for learning
The San Mateo County Office of Education STEAM Center wishes to acknowledge Oracle for its foundational support of our launch and continued funding for computer science professional learning for local educators.
Check out SMCOE's STEAM Lending Library here
- Hands-on kits for classroom and training use
- STEAM books (including those focused primarily on math, science or art)