The San Mateo County Office of Education STEM Center has designed a professional development series to establish a Preschool – 3rd grade (P–3) Professional Learning Community (PLC) designed to increase student achievement in mathematics. The focus of this work involves horizontal and vertical teaming to apply the Mathematical Practices, the Preschool Learning Foundations and the Common Core State Standards in addition to increasing P–3 grade teachers' content knowledge in mathematics.
Early Learning Initiative Measurable Objectives
- Provide professional development in STEM content.
- Build partnerships.
- Develop high-quality resources.
P–3 CDE Resources
- CA Preschool Curriculum Framework,Volumes 1 and 2
- CA Preschool Learning Foundations,Volumes 1 and 2
- Desired Results Developmental Profile, Materials and Forms
- K–12 CA Common Core Content Standards for Mathematic
We are grateful to the Heising-Simons Foundation for providing us funding for this important work.