At a Glance
San Mateo County Office of Education summer internships.
Pay Rate: $13.50/hour
Dates: July 8, 2019 to August 2, 2019
Hours: TBD, 20 hours a week
Location: 101 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City
Description: SMCOE offers a 4-week paid summer internships for any high school student within the county. Student interns are placed in various departments within the county office, including Human Resources, The Stem Center, Early Childhood Education, and others. Students will learn real world skills and demonstrate their learning by orally presenting to their managers.
Seeking Students That:
-Can follow directions including oral and written instructions.
-Are willing to work hard and learn.
-Are self starters who will ask for additional assignments when work is slow.
-Have good written and oral communication skills.
-Have basic computer knowledge and skills.
-Are team players.
Instructions to Apply:
2. Fill out your name and email to get started. Then click "Go to form."
3. You will then see the electronic form. Make sure you completely fill out all the mandatory fields in red. Any field in yellow is optional. For a guide to help you apply, click here.
4. Once you have added all the information on the application, click the big red "Submit form" button.
5. Next you will be prompted to type in your teacher's full name and email for a teacher recommendation. Double check that the teacher email is correct. Make sure to ask your teacher if they are willing to fill out a recommendation for you.
6. Click "Send to this recipient" to finish your application portion for the internship.
A notification email will be sent once you have successfully uploaded your application.