Pay Rate: $16/hour, 32 hours/week, 8 weeks
Dates: 8 weeks from Monday, June 10th through Friday, August 9th, 2019
Hours: No more than 32 hours per week on a flexible basis
Location: 1828 El Camino Real suite 704, Burlingame, CA 94010
Description: Job responsibilities will include working on a microbiology project in the area of molecular biology, microbial cell culture, or tissue culture field along with media prep, randomly assigned tasks. The intern will be responsible for cleaning up after themselves as well as generally keeping the lab clean and tidy. Interns will be expected to present their data bi-weekly to the company. The candidate must work in a Biosafety Level 2 lab and be okay with exposure to opportunistic pathogens (all safety precautions will be followed). The intern must be a self-starter and able to work somewhat independently. We want someone who is passionate about the microbiome and microbiology field who wants to experience what a research assistant position in a start-up lab is like.
Desired Intern Skills:
- Be a self-starter
- Be able to work independently
- Is passionate about the microbiology field
- Sterile technique
- Microbial cell culture
- Glycerol stocking strains
Instructions to Apply:
2. Fill out your name and email to get started. Then click "Go to form."
3. You will then see the electronic form. Make sure you completely fill out all the mandatory fields in red. Any field in yellow is optional. For a guide to help you apply, click here. Students should indicate which internships they are interested in at the top of the application under "specific internship name." List every internship interested in under one application (i.e. students may apply for 1, 2, 3 or more internships so long as they are all listed).
4. Once you have added all the information on the application, click the big red "Submit form" button.
5. Next you will be prompted to type in your teacher's full name and email for a teacher recommendation. Double check that the teacher email is correct. Make sure to ask your teacher if they are willing to fill out a recommendation for you.
6. Click "Send to this recipient" to finish your application portion for the internship.
A notification email will be sent once you have successfully uploaded your application.