At a Glance
Paid internship opportunities at a Biotechnology company called Telomere Diagnostics.
Department: CLIA Laboratory Operations
Position: Laboratory Associate-Intern
Status: Hourly (approximately 16 hours/week)
Pay Rate: $12-$14/hour
Dates: Approximately April 1st through August 1st, 2019
Hours: Day Shifts primarily, but shifts and hours can vary (see below for time blocks available):
-Wednesday 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm
-Thursday 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm
-Friday 1:00 pm to 6:30 pm
-Saturday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
-Sunday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Location: 3603 Haven Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Description: Telomere Diagnostic Inc. is a rapidly growing biotech start up located in Menlo Park focusing on translating the insights of telomere biology into state of the art Molecular Diagnostic products to provide healthcare providers new tools to enhance patient care and prolong life. We are seeking exceptional people who enjoy a collaborative, challenging yet rewarding team focused environment.
- Basic testing of raw materials to assure conformance to specifications.
- Summarizing and presenting data using EXCEL and other statistical programs.
- Writing and reviewing standard operating procedures.
- Assisting with validation studies.
- Preparing and autoclaving laboratory plasticware.
- Daily temperature monitoring/documentation of equipment and lab space.
- Perform other basic duties as assigned by TDx personnel.
- Good record keeping skills.
- Able to learn tasks with general instruction and them perform them independently.
- Able to work in a team with good communication skills.
- Able to drive to and from the lab facility in Menlo Park.
Instructions to Apply:
2. Fill out your name and email to get started. Then click "Go to form."
3. You will then see the electronic form. Make sure you completely fill out all the mandatory fields in red. Any field in yellow is optional. For a guide to help you apply, click here. Students should indicate which internships they are interested in at the top of the application under "specific internship name." List every internship of interest under one application (i.e. students may apply for 1, 2, 3 or more internships so long as they are all listed).
4. Once you have added all the information on the application, click the big red "Submit form" button.
5. Next you will be prompted to type in your teacher's full name and email for a teacher recommendation. Double check that the teacher email is correct. Make sure to ask your teacher if they are willing to fill out a recommendation for you.
6. Click "Send to this recipient" to finish your application portion for the internship.
A notification email will be sent once you have successfully uploaded your application.