ECET² Bay Area is a special event modeled after an annual national conference of teacher leaders designed to provide a forum for exceptional teachers to learn from one another and celebrate the teaching profession. The convening is premised on the belief that teachers are influential in creating educational and economic opportunities for children, and the degree to which teachers collaborate with, learn from, and support one another impacts their ability to ensure students thrive in the educational environment. The event is organized around the following six objectives:
- Nurturing trust among teachers
- Focusing on each teacher’s potential for growth
- Inspiring both the intellect and the passion that drives teachers in their work
- Providing time for collaboration and learning
- Putting teachers in the lead
- Recognizing teachers as talented professionals
The convening gives teacher leaders, teacher teams, and their administrators from across the Bay Area the opportunity to engage around a particular theme each year, hear teacher keynote addresses, and attend teacher-led breakout sessions designed to address the needs of historically underserved students. Attendees also engage in Colleague Circles to share and address common challenges.
ECET² Bay Area is a free event for teacher leaders, teacher teams, and administrators who are nominated to attend.