Miramar Farms Internship
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour
Dates: June 8, 2020 to August 7, 2020
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, maximum of 3 days per week; early morning hours preferred, but flexible.
Location: Miramar Farms, 420 Purisima Way, Half Moon Bay, CA
Description: Organic Farm Apprentice - Support the garden and property manager in a variety of capacities, including soil management, plant propagation, seeding, watering, food and flower harvest. Compost and waste management.
- Enthusiastic outdoors person with an interest in environmental stewardship and food production.
- Able to take direction and work independently; reliable and responsible for completing assignments from start to finish.
- Good team player, friendly, good communicator.
- Physically capable of walking 1-2 miles per day on farm terrain and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Experience and/or interest in environmental stewardship a plus.
- 17 minimum age.
- To apply, click here.
- Fill out your name and email to get started. Then click "Go to form."
- You will then see the electronic form. Make sure you completely fill out all the mandatory fields in red. Any field in yellow is optional. Here is a guide to help you apply. Students should indicate which internships they are interested in at the top of the application under "specific internship name." List every internship of interest under one application (i.e. students may apply for 1, 2, 3 or more internships so long as they are all listed).
- Once you have added all the information on the application, click the big red "Submit form" button.
- Next you will be prompted to type in your teacher's full name and email for a teacher recommendation. Double check that the teacher email is correct. Make sure to ask your teacher if they are willing to fill out a recommendation for you.
- Click "Send to this recipient" to finish your application portion for the internship.
A notification email will be sent once you have successfully uploaded your application.
Please feel free to contact CTE Director Dr. Vera Jacobson.