Midpen Media Marketing and Production Internship
Midpen Media is a community media and education center that promotes creative expression, democratic values, and civic participation. We offer a voice to the people in our community and beyond through access to media technology. Our work inspires, informs, and empowers people to tell their stories using television, video, and digital media platforms to create community access programming.
Pay Rate: $14.00/hour
Dates: June 15, 2020 to July 24, 2020 (6 weeks)
Hours: 12 noon to 5:00 p.m., 20 hours a week, with occasional evenings a possibility, these will be by mutual agreement and may take place one-to-three evenings over the course of the internship. (The purpose of this is to allow the intern to observe/work on a couple of actual TV shoots).
Location: 900 San Antonio Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Description: Marketing/Production Intern - Assist marketing and production teams with activities ranging from drafting marketing materials such as newsletter articles, flyers, promotional emails, etc., to helping with camp and class logistics, to making social media posts under the guidance of the marketing manager. May also provide some support to our Access TV production teams by helping in our studio and/or in the field, doing everything from helping with studio setup to working behind and in front of the camera. This internship features a combination of learning and hands-on experience. Some minor tasks like organizing files, preparing class handbooks, framing key documents, uploading videos to YouTube, etc., may also be required.
- Seeking a mature student, preferably 18, with an interest in marketing, non-profits, and/or television production.
- Must possess outstanding communication skills (especially strong writing skills).
- Be tech-savvy, and have experience using social media.
- Must have experience editing videos (on a smartphone is fine).
- Have an interest in how community access television works.
- Experience shooting video a plus.
- To apply, click here.
- Fill out your name and email to get started. Then click "Go to form."
- You will then see the electronic form. Make sure you completely fill out all the mandatory fields in red. Any field in yellow is optional. Here is a guide to help you apply. Students should indicate which internships they are interested in at the top of the application under "specific internship name." List every internship of interest under one application (i.e. students may apply for 1, 2, 3 or more internships so long as they are all listed).
- Once you have added all the information on the application, click the big red "Submit form" button.
- Next you will be prompted to type in your teacher's full name and email for a teacher recommendation. Double check that the teacher email is correct. Make sure to ask your teacher if they are willing to fill out a recommendation for you.
- Click "Send to this recipient" to finish your application portion for the internship.
A notification email will be sent once you have successfully uploaded your application.
Please feel free to contact CTE Director Dr. Vera Jacobson.