Internship with CPA - Work in a Tax Office
Pay Rate: $15/hour, opportunity for bonus
Dates: Mid-January through April 15
Hours: Flexible, depending on student. Weekend hours are available.
Location: 240F Twin Dolphin Drive. Redwood City, CA 94065
Description: Students will work in the general office learning basic office skills including assembling tax returns, photocopying, filing and data entry. Possible opportunity to be hired after internship is over (beyond April 15th) to assist with IRS Audits and special client projects as well as helping with the website.
Seeking students that:
- Can follow directions including oral and written instructions.
- Are willing to work hard and learn.
- Are self starters who will ask for additional assignments when work is slow.
- Have good written and oral communication skills.
- Have basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Are team players.
- To apply, click here.
- Fill out your name and email to get started. Then click "Go to form."
- You will then see the electronic form. Make sure you completely fill out all the mandatory fields in red. Any field in yellow is optional. Here is a guide to help you apply. Students should indicate which internships they are interested in at the top of the application under "specific internship name." List every internship of interest under one application (i.e. students may apply for 1, 2, 3 or more internships so long as they are all listed).
- Once you have added all the information on the application, click the big red "Submit form" button.
- Next you will be prompted to type in your teacher's full name and email for a teacher recommendation. Double check that the teacher email is correct. Make sure to ask your teacher if they are willing to fill out a recommendation for you.
- Click "Send to this recipient" to finish your application portion for the internship.
A notification email will be sent once you have successfully uploaded your application.
Please feel free to contact CTE Director Dr. Vera Jacobson.