Front Office Internships
Earn while you learn by working in an office setting that exposes you to office procedures and the dental industry.
The San Mateo County Office of Education and the San Mateo County Dental Society are working together to connect 11th and 12th grade students with office internship opportunities at dental offices across San Mateo County.
Pay Rate: Minimum wage for the city where the office is located
Dates: 4-6 week internship with open dates
Hours: TBD, 20 hours a week
Seeking students that:
- Show up on time
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Follow directions including oral and written instructions
- Open to learning
- Must have a way to get to the office
Entry level tasks include:
- Filing, photocopying, scanning
- Stocking shelves
- Taking inventory
- Maintaining a neat waiting room with adequate reading materials
- Coffee/lunch runs & local errands
- Greeting patients
- Helping create a pleasant environment and patient experience
Increase responsibility as intern’s confidence grows:
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Seating patients
- Ordering supplies
- Assisting dental auxiliary staff as permitted
- Attending to patient comfort before and after treatment
- Providing patient educational and post-treatment instructions
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Dates: June 10, 2020 - June 21, 2020
Hours: Varies between 10:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m., including weekends
Location: San Mateo County Event Center, 2495 South Delaware Street, San Mateo
Description: The San Mateo County Fair is offering short term internships to students during the annual County Fair in our Guest Services Department. Students will obtain strong customer service skills while greeting and assisting patrons visiting the Fair.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong ability to interact with Fair guests in a professional, courteous and helpful manner.
- Must be flexible to work any hours between June 10 and June 21.
- Must be responsible and dependable with a commitment to work all assigned shifts.
- Punctuality is a must.
- Desire to work in a fun and festive environment for a short period of time.
- To apply, click here.
- Fill out your name and email to get started. Then click "Go to form."
- You will then see the electronic form. Make sure you completely fill out all the mandatory fields in red. Any field in yellow is optional. Here is a guide to help you apply. Students should indicate which internships they are interested in at the top of the application under "specific internship name." List every internship of interest under one application (i.e. students may apply for 1, 2, 3 or more internships so long as they are all listed).
- Once you have added all the information on the application, click the big red "Submit form" button.
- Next you will be prompted to type in your teacher's full name and email for a teacher recommendation. Double check that the teacher email is correct. Make sure to ask your teacher if they are willing to fill out a recommendation for you.
- Click "Send to this recipient" to finish your application portion for the internship.
A notification email will be sent once you have successfully uploaded your application.
Please feel free to contact CTE Director Dr. Vera Jacobson.