Pay Rate: SF min wage $15/hour. working part time (less than 30 hours)
Dates: Open dates
Hours: Normal business hours
Department: Commissary Kitchen at Focaccia
Location: South San Francisco
Description: Our culinary team is looking for an intern to join our team. The ideal applicant will possess a passion for cooking, with a strong desire to learn Commissary operations. This is a hands on position (cutting, cooking, packing, prepping, mixing, etc.) and the intern is expected to work at different stations.
- Food and product knowledge. Knife skills. Basic kitchen operations.
- Menu execution (current items) with Chefs - including costing out recipes
- R&D - New Menu & product development
- Plating - food presentation
- Bakery operations
- To apply, click here.
- Fill out your name and email to get started. Then click "Go to form."
- You will then see the electronic form. Make sure you completely fill out all the mandatory fields in red. Any field in yellow is optional. Here is a guide to help you apply. Students should indicate which internships they are interested in at the top of the application under "specific internship name." List every internship of interest under one application (i.e. students may apply for 1, 2, 3 or more internships so long as they are all listed).
- Once you have added all the information on the application, click the big red "Submit form" button.
- Next you will be prompted to type in your teacher's full name and email for a teacher recommendation. Double check that the teacher email is correct. Make sure to ask your teacher if they are willing to fill out a recommendation for you.
- Click "Send to this recipient" to finish your application portion for the internship.
A notification email will be sent once you have successfully uploaded your application.
Please feel free to contact CTE Director Dr. Vera Jacobson.