Local Union 467
Earn while you learn working in an office and/or shop setting that exposes you to the plumbing and mechanical industry.
The San Mateo County Office of Education and the Plumbers, Pipefitters, & HVACR Fitters Local Union 467 & Apprenticeship Training Center are working together to connect 11th and 12th grade students with internship opportunities at plumbing and mechanical companies throughout San Mateo County. Basic office duties including answering phones, photocopying, filing, and data entry. Basic shop duties including cleaning and inventorying and organizing tools and materials. Internships are available in the plumbing, mechanical, construction, service, and repair industries.
Pay Rate: Varies per employer, but no less than minimum wage for the city where the office is located.
Dates: Varies per employer; 2-6 week internship with open dates.
Hours: Normal business hours. Students work minimum of 2-hour shifts. Days to be determined with individual plumbing and mechanical companies.
General Qualities: Mature, punctual, hardworking, enthusiastic, positive attitude, ability to follow verbal and written instructions, and physical ability to lift heavy items. Typing and basic computer knowledge and skills needed.
Instructions to Apply:
- To apply, click here.
- Fill out your name and email to get started. Then click "Go to form."
- You will then see the electronic form. Make sure you completely fill out all the mandatory fields in red. Any field in yellow is optional. Here is a guide to help you apply. Students should indicate which internships they are interested in at the top of the application under "specific internship name." List every internship of interest under one application (i.e. students may apply for 1, 2, 3 or more internships so long as they are all listed).
- Once you have added all the information on the application, click the big red "Submit form" button.
- Next you will be prompted to type in your teacher's full name and email for a teacher recommendation. Double check that the teacher email is correct. Make sure to ask your teacher if they are willing to fill out a recommendation for you.
- Click "Send to this recipient" to finish your application portion for the internship.
A notification email will be sent once you have successfully uploaded your application.