March 20, 2020
Talking to Students About COVID-19
Your students may have a lot of questions about COVID-19. Below are two slideshows to help positively engage and teach your students about COVID-19.
Coronavirus and COVID-19 Facts
The virus causes respiratory illness, with symptoms including fever, fatigue, cough, and shortness of breath. Some people may have flu, pneumonia, or more serious illness. More information can be found on the CDC's website.
How COVID-19 Spreads
Given concerns some may have about the spread of COVID-19 after an alert was posted at a gymnasium in South San Francisco and a private school closed after a staff member was in contact with a person who had the disease, we thought it was important to remind people how COVID-19 spreads. This information is from the CDC and is available in Spanish and Chinese on the CDC's site.
- Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Get Your Household Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- How to Wash Your Hands (Must log in or create a free New York Times account to access)
- San Mateo County Health Video: Symptoms and When to Seek Medical Care (uploaded March 9, 2020)
- San Mateo County Health Video: Protecting the Public (uploaded March 9, 2020)
Phone: (650) 802-5515