Policies and Procedures
San Mateo County Office of Education’s personnel policies and procedures provide general guidance to support staff and SMCOE in fulfilling the mission of the organization.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- FMLA PDL CFRA Leave Information
- Remote Work Agreement and Remote Work Application
- Sick Leave Information
- Uniform Complaint Procedure (Policy, Handbook, and Form)
- Tobacco Free Educational Agency
- Drug Free Work Place
The San Mateo County Office of Education prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, pregnancy or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics in all programs, activities, and employment.
For assistance or to file a complaint related to discrimination or harassment contact Nancy Magee, San Mateo County Superintendent of Schools at (650) 802-5554.
Collective Bargaining Agreements
The San Mateo County Office of Education recognizes one certificated (SMCEA) and three classified (CSEA 158, CSEA 789 and CSEA 887) bargaining units as well as Confidential and Management employee groups.
San Mateo County Office of Education's non-management certificated employees are represented by the San Mateo County Educators Association (SMCEA). The classified employees are represented by the California School Employees Association (CSEA), which is comprised of three separate units representing employees in office administrative, technical services, and educational support occupations. The County Office works with its employee groups to reach agreement on the terms and conditions of employment.
- CSEA 158 Collective Bargaining Agreement 2016-2019
- CSEA 789 Collective Bargaining Agreement 2015-2018
- CSEA 887 Collective Bargaining Agreement 2015-2018
- SMCEA Collective Bargaining Agreement 2015-2018