The California Classified School Employee Teacher Credentialing Program (CCSETC) provides assistance to classified school employees to obtain a teaching credential. Funding of up to $4,800 per year is available to assist you with books and tuition while attending an institution of higher education. Eligible classified participants must have an Associate of Arts or Science degree or higher. Participants must also commit to accomplish the following:
• Graduate from an institution of higher education with a bachelor’s degree
• Complete all of the requirements for obtaining a multiple subject, single subject, or an education specialist teaching credential.
• Complete one school year of classroom instruction in a San Mateo County school district or the county office of education for each year that assistance for tuition and books are provided under the grant.
Contact Mike Pappas, Director of Human Resources for details (firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-802-5382).
Policies and Procedures
San Mateo County Office of Education’s personnel policies and procedures provide general guidance to support staff and SMCOE in fulfilling the mission of the organization.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- FMLA PDL CFRA Leave Information
- Managers: Remote Work Agreement and Remote Work Application and Safety Checklist
- CSEA 789, 887, and Confidential Employees: Remote Work Agreement and Remote Work Application and Safety Checklist
- Sick Leave Information
- Uniform Complaint Procedure (Policy, Handbook, and Form)
- Tobacco Free Educational Agency
- Drug Free Work Place
The San Mateo County Office of Education prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, pregnancy or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics in all programs, activities, and employment.
For assistance or to file a complaint related to discrimination or harassment contact Niambi Clay, Executive Director, Equity, Social Justice, and Inclusion, at (650) 802-5553.
Collective Bargaining Agreements
The San Mateo County Office of Education recognizes one certificated (SMCEA) and three classified (CSEA 158, CSEA 789 and CSEA 887) bargaining units as well as Confidential and Management employee groups.
San Mateo County Office of Education's non-management certificated employees are represented by the San Mateo County Educators Association (SMCEA). The classified employees are represented by the California School Employees Association (CSEA), which is comprised of three separate units representing employees in office administrative, technical services, and educational support occupations. The County Office works with its employee groups to reach agreement on the terms and conditions of employment.
- CSEA 158 Collective Bargaining Agreement 2019-2022
- CSEA 789 Collective Bargaining Agreement 2021-2024
- CSEA 887 Collective Bargaining Agreement 2021-2024
- SMCEA Collective Bargaining Agreement 2021-2024
- CSEA 158
- CSEA 789 Monthly
- CSEA 789 Hourly
- CSEA 887
- Confidential Salary Schedule
- Management Salary Schedule
- SMCEA Early Learning Associate Teacher
- SMCEA Early Learning Teacher
By Job Title
Associate Superintendent, Human Resources
Phone: (650) 802-5385
Director, Human Resources
Phone: (650) 802-5382
Benefits Analyst, Human Resources
Phone: (650) 802-5611
Executive Assistant II Confidential, Human Resources
Phone: (650) 802-5381
Executive Assistant I Confidential, Human Resources
Phone: (650) 802-5391
Administrative Assistant III, Human Resources
Phone: (650) 802-5392
Human Resources Department
Fax: (650) 802-5388