The San Mateo County Office of Education (SMCOE) recently redesigned its website to be more user-friendly and accessible to all visitors. The website includes the following features:
- Alternative text for all photos and other media
- Proper use of headers, tables, and other components
- High color contrast as well as a "High Contrast" button to increase the website's color contrast
- Clearly written and organized content
- One main navigation bar with clearly defined sections
- Navigation organized around key user groups (schools, educators, families, and communities)
- Ability to translate the website into almost 100 different languages
SMCOE's Website Accessibility Statement
SMCOE is committed to ensuring the accessibility of its website to people with disabilities. To the extent possible, all new and updated content on our website will meet Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, AA conformance level. These recommendations outline how to make website content accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities.
Tell Us How We're Doing
We are on a regular basis seeking opportunities to bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. Please contact Anne Bartlett at email@example.com, (650) 802-5558 if you discover areas of our website that you find difficult or challenging to understand because of accessibility issues or any other reason.
Receive Additional Support
Most popular browsers and plugins contain built-in accessibility tools and features. For more information, please visit the accessibility information pages for these tools: