Classified Hiring Process at the County Office of Education
The Classified Hiring Process is a quick four-step guide for San Mateo County Office of Education administrators to reference in the event a vacancy needs to be filled. The process begins once a requisition is fully executed and routed to the Personnel Commission Office. Learn more in the Personnel Commission's Recruitment Testing Process.
Merit System Rules and Regulations
The San Mateo County Office of Education Personnel Commission is guided by Merit System Rules & Regulations, which have been set forth to treat employees and applicants fairly and equitably.
The Merit System is a method of Personnel Management designed to ensure, to the greatest extent possible, that the County Office hires and promotes qualified employees through a consistent, lawful, and job-relevant testing and hiring process. One of the fundamental goals of any public educational institution is to be accountable for representing the public interest. The community expects that public employment procedures be conducted in a fair, efficient, and transparent manner. The Merit System provides a personnel selection system that is open to all, free from political influence, and aims to provide highly qualified employment candidates.
- Ensuring open competitive employment selection procedures for classified employees based on job relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Establishing and approving classified job descriptions and compensation for classified positions.
- Hearing and resolving protests concerning employment examination or selection procedures.
- Hearing and adjudicating classified disciplinary appeals.
- Prescribing classified personnel management policies on matters concerning employee recruitment, selection, promotion and other employment subjects enumerated in the Education Code.
- Working closely with the Superintendent of Schools to ensure efficient management of the classified service
Recruitment & Examination Bulletin
Find the status of open positions on the Personnel Commission Services' latest Recruitment & Examination Bulletin. Please be advised of continuous updates, as dates are tentative and subject to change. Applications to all classified positions are accepted online through EdJoin.
Executive Director, Personnel Commission Services
Phone: (650) 802-5367
Personnel Commission Analyst
Phone: (650) 802-5309
Personnel Commission Specialist
Phone: (650) 802-5368