Are you a problem-solver and leader in your school community? Showcase your work in the first annual San Mateo County Solutionary Fair!
What is the Solutionary Fair?
The San Mateo County Solutionary Fair is a showcase of student solutions to local and global problems. It highlights K-12 student leaders who have identified inhumane, unsustainable systems and developed solutions that are healthy for people, animals, and the environment. Learn more at an upcoming information session:
The Solutionary Fair offers San Mateo County students the opportunity to develop their skills, deepen their connection to their community, and prepare for college and career while having fun.
- Learn valuable skills such as critical thinking, research and project management, and collaboration
- Prepare for college and career by connecting your project to one of the 15 Career and Technical Education industry sectors
- Create a more sustainable, equitable, and peaceful world through addressing underlying challenges within your community
- Grow and develop into informed, active citizens
What is a "Solutionary?"
What is a "solutionary?" According to the Institute for Humane Education, a solutionary is someone who...
Participating in the 2021 Solutionary Fair
Choosing Your Project
Creating Your Project Proposal
- The Inspiration: What was your inspiration for trying to solve this problem?
- The Problem Statement: What is the problem you are attempting to solve?
- The Evidence: What evidence have you gathered to demonstrate that the problem exists?
- The Diagram: Make the system visible. Graphically show the system in which this problem exists and persists.
- The Analysis: What are the mental models that people have about this problem? Who are the stakeholders affected by this problem? What are the leverage points for finding a solution?
- The Solution: What is your solution to this problem?
- The Implementation: What is your detailed plan for implementing this solution? Who do you need to help you implement it?
- The Reflection: How has your journey been from inspiration to solution? What other problems arose during the process? What are your next steps?