The San Mateo County Office of Education (SMCOE) offers a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program (PASC) designed for full-time educators who are looking to earn an administrative credential to either deepen their current work or open up additional career opportunities in site- or district-based administration.
About the Program
PASC is committed to improving the leadership qualities of aspiring administrators serving all students by developing the capacity of leaders to be instructional leaders, systems thinkers, and equity-centered.
PASC is a one-year accelerated program designed for full-time educators who are looking to earn an administrative credential. The program maintains a rigorous pace in order to conclude in one year. A blended learning model is used where the majority of learning occurring in person on Tuesday evenings. Supplemental individual, group, online learning, and fieldwork are also components of this program.
PASC graduates will be able to...
- Design systems for effective leadership
- Become expert instructional leaders
- Foster a climate of innovation and continuous improvement
- Use data to inform and drive decisions
- Analyze and synthesize current educational research
- Collaborate, reflect, and lead
Apply for PASC
The deadline to apply for PASC's next cohort, Cohort 5, is January 12, 2020 by 11:59 p.m. All application items must be received by the deadline or they will not be accepted.
To apply, complete this online application.
You will need the following when applying:
- Letter of interest
- Two letters of recommendation - one must be from a current supervisor
- CTC Credential number
- Will have completed five or more years of work with valid credential by the conclusion of the program.
- Possess one of the following valid credentials:
- a clear of life California teaching credential that requires a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including student teaching or the equivalent, and holds an English learner authorization; or
- a clear of life California designated subjects teaching credential in adult education, career technical education, vocational education or special subjects provided the applicant also possesses a baccalaureate degree and holds an English learner authorization; or
- a clear or life California services credential in pupil personnel services, health services for school nurse, teacher librarian services, or speech-language pathology or clinical or rehabilitative services requiring a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including fieldwork or the equivalent.
- Have satisfied the Basic Skills Requirement (BSR). (Most applicants who hold a valid clear CA credential will have met the BSR. Candidates holding the following credentials must confer elementary, standard secondary, designated subjects or Career Technical Education credentials.)
- Complete a full application and submit by PASC application deadline.
- One-year accelerated program meeting weekly on Tuesdays at SMCOE (4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m)
- Program requirements include coursework, integrated online learning, field experience, and action research
- Administrative fieldwork for job-embedded experiences
- Completion of assignments to demonstrate mastery of California Performance and Content Expectations for Administrators
- Complete all three cycles of Cal APA (Cal Administrator Performance Assessment) meeting state established deadlines
PASC Course Schedule
Download PASC Cohort 4 (2019-20) Schedule for an example of the PASC accelerated program schedule.
Associate Superintendent, Human Resources/Teacher and Administrator Development
Phone: (650) 802-5381
Administrator, Teacher and Administrator Development
Phone: (650) 802-5341
Coordinator, Leadership and Administrator Services
Phone: (650) 802-5349
Administrative Assistant, Teacher and Administrator Development
Phone: (650) 802-5339