SMCOE Climate Ready CTE Virtual Teacher Fellowship
January 2022 (1/12, 1/19, 1/22, 1/26)
This capacity-building professional learning experience for teachers supports the design or redesign of one of your own instructional lessons, units, or projects. You will spend time learning about and then integrating in industry-related environmental concepts, sustainability data, future trends, and practices in that industry area. The goals of this program are to support teachers’ and students’ climate awareness and action and to promote our students’ pursuit of “green” careers, jobs, and trades.
This program includes:
- Remotely-delivered, high-quality professional development
- Coaching to help modify existing units and/or create new lessons
- Connections to and presentations by local industry partners such as Tesla, Genentech, and more!
- Upon completion of the program, a $1,500 stipend provided by Peninsula Clean Energy and three (3) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) with Saint Mary’s College
CTE Completer Data Reporting Requirements Webinar
December 7th and December 9th, 2021
The Career Technical Education Leadership Office will be holding two webinars on Tuesday, December 7, and Thursday, December 9, 2021 both from 3:00–4:00pm to provide an overview of CTE Completer Data reporting requirements and to answer any CALPADS questions from the field. The 2022 CTE Completer data reporting period (Academic Year 2020–21) of the Postsecondary Status File (PSTS) begins on January 4, 2022 and must be submitted and certified to the CDE by March 4, 2022.
SCCOE presents ICT Week
December 6-10, 2021
ICT Week is an online event for high school teachers and students to explore the vast career opportunities in the world of high tech/high wage pathways in Silicon Valley and beyond! Co-hosted by the Santa Clara County Office of Education and Earn & Learn.
- 12/6 from 9:30-10:30: IBM SkillsBuild - Tools for Student Success
- 10/7 from 8:30-9:30: Palo Alto Networks - Cybersecurity: A Real-World Office
- 10/7 from 2:00-3:00: Dragonfruit AI
- 12/8 from 9:15-10:15: A Day in The Life of an NVIDIA Program Manager
- 12/9 from 8:15-9:15: The Entrepreneurial Spirit
- 12/9 from 10:30-11:30: Grow with Google - Certifications
- 12/10 from 9:00-10:00: Qwasar: A New World of Learning
- 12/10 from 2:00-3:00: Tech Apprenticeships with Multiverse
CCCAOE Spring 2022 Conference Call for Proposals
Due January 21, 2022
The California Community College Association for Occupational Education (CCCAOE) is looking for proposals for its the Spring 2022 Conference (April 6-8, 2022) that lead to strengthening connection, partnerships, innovation, sharing the voices of those who aren’t being heard, and highlighting the great work that is happening all across the state. Proposals will be accepted until January 21, 2022. Notification of selection will occur by February 18, 2022. Learn more here.
Educating for Careers Conference
February 27-March 1, 2022
The Educating for Careers Conference is an annual three-day professional development event surrounding career technical education (CTE). A variety of delivery systems, strategies, and Industry Sectors throughout the CTE system are represented in the more than 200 sessions offered over the course of this three-day conference. Technical assistance is also provided by several of the delivery systems through a variety of methods during the conference. Register here.
ESports College Recruitment Fair
December 1-3, 2021
Due to the tremendous growth of Esports at the high school and youth level over the last several years, colleges are not only recruiting high school "Esports athletes" but also offering scholarships (similar to traditional athletics). The Electronic Gaming Federation will be hosting a College Recruitment Fair on December 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with EGF colleges and universities members giving presentations about their schools each day on Twitch. Students are invited to register for free to receive more information about each school and to receive access to the EGF Discord where students can talk to administrators from each college. Register here.
2021-2022 Cutler-Bell Prize
Applications Due January 2022
The 2021-2022 Cutler-Bell Prize application is now open and available for senior high school students in the U.S. to apply. The program seeks to promote and encourage computer science and empower young and aspiring learners to pursue computing challenges outside the traditional classroom environment. Apply here.
K12 Regional Work-Based Learning Opportunities
The Bay Area Community College Consortium shares resources and events for students in the Bay Area through its K12 Regional WBL Padlet. Here are some new highlights!
- Open Invitation across CA: San Diego & Imperial Counties Community Colleges Regional Consortium 2021 Counselor Conference: Counseling Students for Future Careers 12/1-12/2
- Black and Brown Career Excellence Summit 2/24-2/25
- Financial Literacy Series
- Youth Financial Institute of America
- Digital resources with lessons on Financial Education, Social Emotional Learning, Health and Wellness, College/Career Readiness, and Early Learning.
Past Event Resources
Executive Director, College, Career & Secondary Education
Phone: (650) 802-5331
Coordinator, Career Technical Education (CTE) & STEM
Phone: (650) 802-5405
Coordinator, Career Technical Education (CTE)
Phone: (650) 802-5336
Coordinator, K12 Strong Workforce & STEM
Phone: (650) 802-5432
Administrative Assistant II
Phone: (650) 802-5481
Fax: (650) 802-5503
Administrative Assistant III