Obtaining a Child Development Permit

Child development permits are available for several levels, from assistant to program director. Learn more about the different child development permits and how to obtain them through the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. The County Office of Education also provides support to individuals interested in earning their permit.

Starting a Childcare Program

The Child Care Coordinating Council of San Mateo County (4Cs) website offers information and workshops about how to become licensed and start a childcare program or provide family childcare in your home. You can also call the 4Cs at their provider technical assistance line at (650) 517-1460.

For specific information about licensing, the Community Care Licensing Division of California is the state agency responsible for licensing and monitoring family childcare homes and childcare centers to ensure that they provide safe and healthy environments for children. For more information, visit their website or call their San Bruno office at (650) 266-8843.

Marchelle Moten

Executive Director, PreK-3 Early Education

Email: mmoten@smcoe.org

Phone: 650-802-5623