The San Mateo County Office of Education’s new Therapeutic Day Program offers a welcoming, supportive environment for seventh to ninth grade students who require additional social-emotional support to succeed in school.
- Small, supportive student-to-adult ratio
- Instructional partnership between certificated General Education and Special Education staff
- Intensive intervention in individualized targeted academic areas
- Daily therapeutic group sessions with embedded social skills and resilience-building components
- Adjunctive therapy opportunities infused throughout the school day across disciplines
- Leveled classroom management system to support generalization of skills
- Individual weekly therapy sessions for each student
- Behaviorally trained paraeducators to support skill development and utilization
- Trauma-informed response to crisis intervention needs
- Parent counseling and support
- Coordination with outside clinical teams and care providers
- Step-down transition support for students returning to district programs from non-public school settings
The Therapeutic Day School is now accepting referrals. If interested, please complete the referral packet linked here. For additional questions about the program and/or referral process, please contact Heather Logan or Kris Carroll.