California's Multi-Tiered System of Support (CA MTSS) Framework promotes the maxim "All Means All" which ensures Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and schools successfully implement efforts to meet the needs of each and every student allowing all students to participate in the general education curriculum, instruction, and activities of their grade-level peers.
MTSS Team Trainings
At SMCOE's MTSS team trainings, local education agency (LEA) teams will work to develop, align, and improve academic, behavioral, and social-emotional resources, programs, supports, and services utilizing a coherent MTSS framework that engages all systems leading to improved student outcomes. Participants will do the following:
- Understand the why of and how MTSS is developed and sustained
- Identify priorities and steps needed to achieve sustainable transformation
- Identify available resources, set clear rules for when to provide additional support and deliver equitable resources when needed
- Assess progress of implementation
All applicant teams must include at least two district leadership members with knowledge, skills, and experience with leading transformation. Teams must include student services, curriculum and instruction and special education representatives at the district level. Teams must include the principal, a teacher leader, and a counselor or psychologist at the beta site level. For further information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 28-30, 2020 - CA MTSS Professional Learning Institute
- August 5-7, 2020 - 2020 CAST UDL Symposium
- September 21-23, 2020 - California PBIS Conference
- September 23-24, 2020 - Inclusion Collaborative State Conference
- Ongoing Events and Resources - PBIS CalTAC - California Technical Assistance Center for PBIS
Director, District Improvement and Support
Phone: (650) 802-5617