The Library Media & Research Services, housed under the Research and Systems Planning department, is offered by contract to augment and improve the District's existing library programs and collections. Library Media and Research Services enable a school district to comply with state credentialing regulations pertaining to the provision of professional library services. Services provided under this contract are not intended to replace those that would be provided by a full-time certificated Library Media Teacher employed by the district.
2023-24 School Year Resources and Services
Meetings and Newsletters
Library Links for Education
Library Links for Education is a digital partnership between the San Mateo County Office of Education and the Peninsula Library System (PLS) that enables teachers to provide their students access to educational databases.
To begin using this wonderful education resource, teachers should first request a Database Access Card by downloading, completing, and returning this application. Database Access Cards are provided within 5-7 business days upon receipt of application. Once teachers have received their Database Access Card, they can share their "card number" with students, who can then log into and use the database.
- Library of Congress
- American Library Association (ALA), specifically the ALA Toolkits
- Antiracism and Injustice Resources for Educators (SMCOE)
- COVID-19 School Library Reopening Resources
Distance Learning Resources
- Technology Integration Tools - applications and web sites for use in recording, holding virtual meetings, and supporting distance learning
- Author Permissions - Book Reading Recordings
- 10 Ways to Promote Ebooks and Audiobooks to K-12 Students (School Library Journal)
- COVID-19 and the Global Library Field (IFLA)