The Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS)
The San Mateo County Office of Education (SMCOE), First 5 San Mateo County and the Child Care Coordinating Council are the implementing partners for San Mateo County's Quality Rating and Improvement System. Using local, state and federal funds, SMCOE has been steadily supporting the development of the QRIS to measure and guide quality improvement in early learning centers and family child care homes in San Mateo County.
Quality Counts San Mateo
We invite early childhood educators to participate in Quality Counts San Mateo (QCSM) by joining the early childhood community in continuous site quality improvement. Various resources are available to you as a QCSM participant. You will have access to coaching, priority to participate in our Early Learning and Care (ELC) Stipend program, Professional Development opportunities, and financial incentives.
ELC Teacher Stipend
The San Mateo County Early Learning and Care Teacher Stipend Program (formerly known as the AB 212 Teacher Stipend) is primarily funded through a grant from the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) and is administered by the Early Learning Support Services Department at the San Mateo County Office of Education. It is an incentive program designed to encourage early childhood education teachers working in San Mateo County to pursue education and training, and to remain in the field of early childhood education.
- Work in the field of early childhood education/childcare in San Mateo County for at least six (6) months during the program year, between 07/01/2021 – 05/31/2022
- Be at least 18 years of age and have a Social Security Number or Tax ID Number.
- Work a minimum of 15 hours per week directly with a group of children 12 years or younger, but not in a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) through 8th Grade classroom.
- Must participate in approved professional development activities and/or complete college courses with a grade C or better during the Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Spring 2022.
- Must have a CA ECE Workforce Registry updated profile.
- Have a 2021-2022 ELC Teacher Stipend Program Education Plan or Professional Growth Plan
Questions? Email email@example.com or call Ian Johnson at 650-802-5344.
ELC Stipend Flyers
2021-2022 ELC Stipend Informational Session - September 23, 2021 06:00PM - 08:00PM *Please Register Here*
Learn more at www.smcoe.org/ELCstipend.
The below sections are intended for use by QRIS participating site(s) as a reference and document library for providing or updating your site(s) and staff information in preparation for an upcoming rating. Trainings will be made available to provide assistance in completing these forms and how this information will be integrated into the data management system, Vertical Change, for the QRIS program. Please check back for additional information.