Updated June 18, 2020
The San Mateo County Office of Education has launched a new section of its website to support administrators, educators, and families in transitioning to at-home/distance learning. Visit the sections below to find resources, tips, and guidance or continue reading this page for the latest updates.
Current COVID-19 Information
Residents with non-emergency or non-medical questions about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) can call 2-1-1, which is available 24/7 in multiple languages. Call your physician with medical questions.
For current, up-to-date information regarding the novel coronavirus, see:
- San Mateo County Emergency Operations Center
- Information on free testing in San Mateo County
- San Mateo County Health - Novel Coronavirus Updates and Resources (in English, Spanish and Chinese)
- California Department of Public Health - New Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The U.S. Department of Education, State of California, and San Mateo County Office of Education are continuously releasing guidance to help child care centers, preschools, schools, districts, and other local education agencies adjust to the at-home/distance learning model.
Resources for Educators
The San Mateo County Office of Education has pulled together this page of resources and guidance to help you transition to at-home/distance learning. We share guidance from the State, materials we have created or curated to help you plan and deliver high-quality distance education, tips, best practices, and information to help you take care of yourself and support your students' mental health needs.
The San Mateo County Office of Education has pulled together resources to help your family transition to at-home/distance learning. The following resources and more can be found on SMCOE's COVID-19 For Families page.
- Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Get Your Household Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- How to Wash Your Hands (Must log in or create a free New York Times account to access)
- San Mateo County Health Video: Symptoms and When to Seek Medical Care (uploaded March 9, 2020)
- San Mateo County Health Video: Protecting the Public (uploaded March 9, 2020)
Phone: (650) 802-5515