Child Care Resources
Updated November 10, 2020
- Distance Learning Newsletters For Parents, California Department of Education
Issue 2, April 10, 2020 (English) (Spanish)
Issue 1, April 2, 2020 (English) (Spanish)
- San Mateo County Emergency Financial Assistance: If you need help paying for housing, utilities, transportation or other essential needs due to COVID-19, you can get information on how to apply here.
- Core Service Agencies: The Core Service Agencies are a central access point for major county services. If you need help meeting basic family needs, go to your closest Core Service Agency.
- Parenting Resources and Tips by Text: If you have one or more children ages 0-9 and want to receive text updates about COVID-19 and get ideas for things to do with your children at home, sign up for Ready4K San Mateo County.
- Families in Crisis: If you are affected by violence in the home, you can get support from the CORA 24/7 hotline at 1-800-300-1080. If you know someone or are yourself experiencing a mental health or personal crisis, call the StarVista 24/7 Crisis Support Line at 1-800-273-8255.
- Immigrant Support: For information and support on immigration, employment, tenant rights and other legal matters, call the Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County at (650) 558-0915.
- Urgent Alerts: To receive County of San Mateo urgent text alerts, sign up at bit.ly/SMC_Texts.
Child Care During COVID-19
Wondering how child care providers are operating during the COVID-19 pandemic?
The San Mateo County Office of Education and its partners organized a panel of local professionals to share the latest information, policies, and practices for child care in San Mateo County. Watch the town hall's recording to learn more about what child care providers need to have in place to offer services during the pandemic.
A list of frequently asked questions created during the town hall will be answered and shared shortly.
The San Mateo County Health's Behavioral Health and Recovery Services has created a comprehensive list of resources (in English and Spanish) that includes behavioral health services, recovery services, peer support services, regional food distribution services, and financial support services.
Two-Page Summary of Services
The California Parent and Youth Helpline provides support and resource referrals to parents and youths during the current COVID-19 pandemic, 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Call or text 1-855-4APARENT (855-427-2736) for services in English, Spanish and other languages. For more information, please visit: caparentyouthhelpline.org
Phone: (650) 802-5515