Talking About Racism and Racial Violence
- Children's books to support conversations on race, racism, and resistance
- Movies to start conversations about racism
Summer Activities to Keep Kids Active and Curious
Updated June 12, 2020
- Distance Learning Newsletters For Parents, California Department of Education
Issue 2, April 10, 2020 (English) (Spanish)
Issue 1, April 2, 2020 (English) (Spanish)
- San Mateo County Emergency Financial Assistance: If you need help paying for housing, utilities, transportation or other essential needs due to COVID-19, you can get information on how to apply here.
- Core Service Agencies: The Core Service Agencies are a central access point for major county services. If you need help meeting basic family needs, go to your closest Core Service Agency.
- Parenting Resources and Tips by Text: If you have one or more children ages 0-9 and want to receive text updates about COVID-19 and get ideas for things to do with your children at home, sign up for Ready4K San Mateo County.
- Families in Crisis: If you are affected by violence in the home, you can get support from the CORA 24/7 hotline at 1-800-300-1080. If you know someone or are yourself experiencing a mental health or personal crisis, call the StarVista 24/7 Crisis Support Line at 1-800-273-8255.
- Immigrant Support: For information and support on immigration, employment, tenant rights and other legal matters, call the Legal Aid Society of San Mateo County at (650) 558-0915.
- Urgent Alerts: To receive County of San Mateo urgent text alerts, sign up at bit.ly/SMC_Texts.
The San Mateo County Health's Behavioral Health and Recovery Services has created a comprehensive list of resources (in English and Spanish) that includes behavioral health services, recovery services, peer support services, regional food distribution services, and financial support services.
Two-Page Summary of Services
The California Parent and Youth Helpline provides support and resource referrals to parents and youths during the current COVID-19 pandemic, 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Call or text 1-855-4APARENT (855-427-2736) for services in English, Spanish and other languages. For more information, please visit: caparentyouthhelpline.org
Phone: (650) 802-5515